Hotel management refers to the study of professional management techniques with regards to hotel administration and catering. With an increase in the number of tourists, the hotel management is an industry that has witnessed a steep rise, and is expected to show steady growth and progress in the years to come. In Pakistan, the hospitality industry has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. Large hotels have large team of management. A diploma/degree in hotel management can fetch you a job in either of the sectors as an accounts manager, restaurant and food/beverage service managers, executive housekeepers, and department heads, marketing and general managers.
There are different jobs for the degree holders of hotel management in Pakistan. The different jobs/departments include Managers, Front Office, Food and Beverage, Restaurant and food service managers, Housekeeping, Executive house keepers, Marketing Department etc.
Hotel management Programs and Courses in Pakistan
There are different institutes offering hotel management courses in Pakistan. The names of different instates are as follows:
College of Tourism & Hotel Management (COTHM) Lahore
The only international standard institute of this field in Pakistan. The institute is providing hospitality management and culinary arts education and training. The institute is offering different academic learning and training courses of hospitality management and culinary arts with the collaboration of international academic partners. Courses offer in COTHM are:
- Diploma in hotel operations
Duration: 2-Years with Internship (Equivalent to Intermediate)
Entry Level: Matriculation
Affiliated with: PBTE, TEVTA Govt. of Punjab
Graduate Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management (UK)
- Graduate Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management (UK)
Equivalent : QCF Level 6
(Degree ‘Equivalent’ an integrated programs equivalent to a UK University Bachelor Degree)
Entry Level: Intermediate
Duration: 18 months, 4 semesters ( Including Full time internship)
Qualifications are Awarded By: COTHM Pakistan and CTH-UK
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
Duration: 1 Year
Entry Level: Matric/ Inter/ Bachelor’s / Master’s
Institute of Hotel and Restaurant Management, University of Gujrat offers degree in hotel management.
- Associate Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management
The duration of course is 2 years comprising of 4 semesters. Intermediates having 50% or above marks can apply to this program.
Pakistan Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management Karachi offer diploma courses and certificate courses as:
Hotel Management Diploma course
- It is of 18months duration and eligibility is intermediate.
Front Office/Guest Services Diploma course
- It is 1 year duration diploma course and a person having intermediate can get admission in this program.
Front Office/Guest Services certificate course
- It is 16 weeks duration certificate course and a person having intermediate can get admission in this program.
These were the names of few institutes in Pakistan providing hotel management courses. To get more updates about hotel management courses, keep in touch with studysols.pk
You Find this Article By:
- graduation in hotel management in pakistan
- which institues are offering hospitality and management degree in pakistan
- hotel management course in lahore
- hotel manag
- hospitality institute of australia in karachi
- eglibilty criteria for hotel managment in pakistan
- diploma in hotel management scope
- diploma in hotel management duration in Pakistan
- can we do hotel management course after matric in pakistan
- bs in hospitality management in Karachi