UHS Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarships for Session 2016-17: University of Health Sciences Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarships for Session 2016-17. University of Health Sciences (UHS), Lahore, has announced of foreign scholarship for Ph.D, admissions to M.Phil. leading to Ph.D, postgraduate certificate and diploma programs for the academic session 2016-17.
UHS Admission Scholarships 2016: Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to following programs:
Foreign Scholarship for Ph.D. at University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, under HEC funded project “Strengthening of Basic Medical Sciences Departments at UHS”.
M.Phil. leading to Ph.D. in following university teaching departments: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Behavioral Sciences, Chemical Pathology, Forensic Sciences, Haematology, Human Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology, Morbid Anatomy and Histopathology, Oral Pathology, Physiology and Cell Biology, Pharmacology and Medical Education.
Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma Program leading to Master’s degree in Medical Education.
UHS Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarships for Session 2016-17
- Pakistani nationals only.
- FCPS / FRCS / MRCP / MRCOG or equivalent.
- Maximum two (02) second divisions throughout the academic career. No third division.
- Maximum age on the closing date of submission of application:-
- 40 years for full time faculty members of public sector universities/colleges and R&D organizations.
- 35 years for all others.
- Should have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula (AEF).
- Candidates who are availing any other HEC scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Preference shall be given to candidates having research interest in the following fields:
- Cancers, especially Breast, Colon and Lung
- Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiovascular Diseases, Hypertension
- Biomedical Engineering
- Infectious diseases
Candidates shall have to submit a Research Proposal on any topic listed above along with their applications.
The selection of the candidates shall be made strictly on merit through open national competition.
The applicants fulfilling the criteria will be required to first appear in the Entrance Test conducted by the UHS in February, 2016 at 2:00 pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a Selection Committee of the University of Health Sciences, Lahore, and the selected candidates shall then be interviewed by a panel of experts from University of Liverpool, UK.
Selected candidates will be required to sign a bond with the UHS that after completion of their Ph.D. they would serve the UHS for a period of 10 years.
- The candidates must hold MBBS, BDS or any other degree recognized by university as equivalent to aforementioned degrees.
- GAT-General conducted by NTS with minimum 50% cumulative score is a pre-requisite for admission to M.Phil.
The candidate shall have to specify his / her proposed research topic and its description with the application.
The candidates have to appear in the Entrance Test conducted by the UHS in February 2016 at 2:00 pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
PG Certificate / Diploma Program
- Pakistani nationals only.
- MBBS / BDS / M.Sc. in Allied Health Sciences.
- Maximum five years teaching experience as a faculty member in a medical / dental/ allied health sciences institution.
- For Postgraduate Diploma, preference shall be given to those candidates having postgraduate certification in Medical Education or equivalent from HEC recognized institute.
Preference shall be given to candidates having in teaching and health profession education interest.
The selection of the candidates shall be on merit. The applicants fulfilling the criteria will be required to appear for interview before a Selection Committee of University of Health Sciences Lahore.
- Applications on plain paper along with attested copies of degrees/certificates, experience certificates, copies of CNIC and three passport size photographs must reach the office of the Director (Admin & Coord), University of Health Sciences (UHS), Lahore, by February 2012 during office hours.
- Applicants for Ph.D. program will have to submit bank draft of Rs.1,000 as processing fee (non refundable), along with the application, in favor of Treasurer, University of Health Sciences, Lahore.
- Those in government service and the applicants desirous to attend the course on deputation basis must apply through proper channel.
- Incomplete applications shall not be entertained.
- Those who have applied earlier need not apply again.
For further information, you may please contact:
University of Health Sciences (UHS),
Khyban-e-Jamia Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
Telephone: +92 (042) 99230870, 111-33-33-66
Fax: +92 (042) 99231304-9
Full MCAT Test 2016 Details Here
You Find this Article By:
- uhs entry test syllabus 2012
- admition in bio chemistry and biomedical 201617 in punjab pak